Masters in Mommyhood: Finding balance in your life
The birth of a new baby often triggers a mix of powerful emotions in many moms. Although this time may come with excitement and joy, many mothers also experience a loss of control, overwhelming feelings, confusion around sense of self, as well as a unique shift in one’s primary relationship. This period of transition is normal; however, finding balance and support is the key to mastering the art of mommyhood.
Why Masters in Mommyhood?
Unlike many other classes or groups, this group allows a nurturing space for BOTH mommy and baby. The group will help promote a healthy parent-infant bond, which is important because it serves as a template for future relationships.
- Help foster the little one’s emotional needs as well as developmental needs.
- Find a safe space to renew your sense of self and explore meaningful feelings.
- Enhance your sensitivity, attunement, and flexibility as a parent.
- Develop mindfulness practices to formulate your own unique parenting style.
- Research proves that this kind of early attachment improves cognitive, social, emotional, and academic development.
What you need to know:
- Maximum group sizes of four mommies and babies provide intimacy and a very supportive environment. Contact us for more information.
- Pregnant women and partners are welcome!
- Minimum 8 weeks; offered on an ongoing basis.
- $60 per group meeting.
Monica Berkett, M.A., MFT (MFC 53619)